FIND POSSIBLE DAMAGES IN YOUR ROOFING SYSTEM
PROFESSIONAL ROOF INSPECTION SERVICES
Has your roof been professionally inspected in the last 3 years? Without regular inspections, a roof can become susceptible to serious damages. Professional roof inspections find damages before it’s too late and save you money in major roof repairs.
Roof inspections look at your roof’s exterior and interior as well as the attic space. Professional contractors use a multi-point process and checklists to ensure every aspect of your roof is inspected. Roof inspections are an important part of your roofs maintenance and in ensuring your roof stays as functional as possible for as long as possible.
The professionals at 4 Weather Insulation & Roofing are here to help protect your roof, find damages before they lead to serious issues and save you money. Schedule a roof inspection today.
Roof Inspection Cost & Savings
Roof inspections can come as a free estimate, where a professional roofer inspects the roof to discover the scope of the service requirements. Though a full roof inspection that is aimed at assessing any instances of damage and the overall health of the roof can cost around $200 or less depending on the size of the roof. If a roof inspection finds issues with the roof repairs can be required. The 2017 average cost for roof repairs were between $150 and $2,500. Collectively a roof inspection and subsequent repairs can cost between $350 and $2,700 for the most serious of repair needs. Though, these inspections can provide a number if effective savings.
If roof damage is not assessed, it can grow. For example, a roof inspection could easily detect a small roof leak and patch the issue. Though, if the leak is left to persist, it can grow and the water that enters your roof can rot your roof deck and damage your attic space. Then a full roof replacement that can cost alone upwards of $10,000 and even water damage restoration services can be required. Roof inspections save you money in roof replacement costs, restoration costs and on health issues from mold that can collectively cost tens of thousands of dollars as well as your potential health.
Roof Inspection Checklist
Professional roof inspections assess ever crevasses and functional aspect of your roof and attic space. A professional roof checklist includes:
- Are there damaged (blistered, curled, moldy or split) shingles?
- Is there any bathroom and kitchens exhaust fans and are they functional?
- Are there any broken or loose shingles at the ridge and hip lines?
- Has any caulking or flashing sealant been removed?
- Has any flashing rusted, become damaged or is any missing?
- Does light from the outside enter your attic?
- Is the roof deck sagging or soft to walk on?
- Are there any leaks around vents or chimneys?
- Are shingle adhesive seals broken?
- Have shingles lost most there granules or are they otherwise word down?
- Are there rubber boots around the top of your pipes or other “dry rot” signs?
- Have gutters or eavestroughs fallen off, become rusted or are clogged?
- Is any of the Fascia board damaged or rotted?
- Are there loose or missing shingles or exposed nails?
- Are attic intake and release vents in good condition and functional?
- What is the condition of the siding around the roof?
- Do the gutters and eaves offer appropriate shingle overhang?
- Has the roof sheeting cracked at all?
- Are the cracks in the chimney?
- Is the roof ridges slumped or sagging?
- Is there proper attic ventilation?
- Have any shingle nails “popped” put?
At 4 Weather, our in-depth inspection checklist considers each aspect of your roofing system and ensures that your roof will receive all the required services.
When Is The Best Time For Roof Inspections?
The two most common seasons to have your roof inspected are spring and fall. Each has its respective reasons and benefits:
- Spring –Winter winds, temperatures, ice and snowfall can do serious damages. The moisture from the winter can also begin to melt in the spring. When the harsh winter conditions stop, it is a good time to have your roof inspected before any moisture enters the roof or attic.
- Fall – Fall inspections helps prepare you roof for the cold and wet winter ahead. Also, intense summer UV levels and heat can damage shingles. Fall inspections can find this damage before it gets worse through the winter.
Though these two seasons are the most popular times for roof inspections, you do not have to wait for spring or fall for an inspection. If you have any concerns about the condition of your roof, contact 4 weather Insulation & Roofing today.
Roof Problems Inspections Detect
A professional roof inspection can find a range of common roof damages and repair these damages before serious property issues are able to arise. Heavy Chinook and winter storm winds can blow portions of shingles out of place or off the roof. New shingles and underlayment are provided as a repair. Roof leaks are often detected and can be caused by fallen debris, intense moisture and temperatures as well as rotting wood decks. Small leaks can be patched and new roofing can be installed. Large leaks that may have lead to roof and attic water damage that can require a full roof replacement. Flashing can rust and blow away in serious winter storms. Flashing should be replaced and re-sealed to once again provide effective moisture protection. Gutters can become quite clogged or can come off due to winds, rust, and weight. These gutters need to be refastened or replaced to prevent moisture build up in the roof. Damaged vents and skylights can often come as a result of a major hail and or windstorm. These needs to be replaced to not lead to serious roof leaks. Rotted roof decks can be caused by moisture damage and are easily detected during roof inspections. Simple roof maintenance can help to protect the sanctity of your home and prevent the need for roof repair or replacement, contact 4 Weather for roof maintenance tips to ensure the quality and longevity of your roof.