ROOF REPLACEMENT CALGARY
ALL YEAR ROOF REPLACEMENT SERVICES
PROFESSIONAL ROOFING REPLACEMENT SERVICES
Is your roof in serious need of major repairs? Are the costs of individual repairs adding up? A full roof replacement could be a better choice for meeting your Calgary roofing needs. One of the first choices a homeowner needs to consider is if they require a roof repair or roof replacement, to best handle their roofing needs.
Roof replacements become the ideal solution when a roof repair would be more work and more expensive than it is worth. There are a number of different roofing benefits associated with roof replacements. Roof replacements provide a new start for your Calgary roof!
4 Weather Insulation & Roofing is here for your Calgary roof replacement needs. Residential, commercial and industrial roofs can require replacement after years of harsh Calgary weather and regular use.
Signs Your Roof Needs Replacement
There can be a number or signs that showcase your need for a full roof replacement:
- Cracked or Curled Shingles – If the bulk of your shingles have become misshaped, a full roof replacement of new shingles in the ideal solution.
- The Roof is More Than 20 Years Old – Even if your shingles are still in good ocnstion, a roof deck can become severely deteriorated after 20 plus years.
- Major Roof Leaks – Small roof leaks can be patched and repaired. Several roof leaks or major roof leaks can require full roof replacements.
- Moisture or Mold in the Roof – Mold throughout your roof’s underside or showing through the shingles, is a clear sign of major roof damages.
- A Sagging or Spongey Roof Deck – A sagging portion of your roof means that the roof structure has lost its integrity. If your roof feels spongy when you walk on it, it is a sign of water damage or deterioration. Replacing the deck and joists underneath give your roof a fresh start.
Roof Replacement Process
Roofs are built for different purposes and with different building styles. The processes associated with replacing a residential roof is much different from the processes required to replace a flat roof on an industrial building. The roof replacement process ensures a safe and efficient roof replacement. These are the common steps for a roof replacement:
- Property Protection – Tarps and plywood are placed over the sides of the property to ensure no falling debris damages the siding or breaks any windows.
- Material Removal – The old roofing materials will be removed to expose the deck for inspection. A special roof removal shovel with a serrated front edge and pitched back is ideal for this process.
- Deck Inspection – The base of the roof will need to be fully inspected for damage, rotting wood and missing nails. The rafters underneath the deck will also be inspected.
- Shingle Preparation – A drip edge will be applied to the roof edges. A drip edge is a piece of metal flashing that prevents moisture from getting under the roof around the edges. The roofing underlayment and moisture shield layers can then be installed.
- Shingle, Vent & Flashing Installation – The shingles, as well as roof vents and then flashing, can now be installed on the roof. Different shingle styles will require varying installation methods.
- Site Clean Up & Final Inspection – The worksite will be completely cleaned and removed of any debris. The last step is a final roof insection to ensure that your new roof is completely and correctly replced.
For more information or for professional Calgary roof replacement services, contact 4 Weather Insulation & Roofing today!
Roof Replacement Benefits
Roof replacements are ideal when a roof repair just can’t fix your roofing issues. Roof replacements provide a fresh start for your roofing system. A replaced roof can often utilise more up to date and improved roofing practices and materials than your past roof had available. Roof replacements completely ensure that each of your specific roofing issues is resolved with a single project. New roofs can be designed to better suit the aesthetics of your home’s exterior. Contact 4 Weather Insulation & Roofing today with your roof replacement needs or questions!